"$uper" frugal living. "$aving" money...one idea at a time.

Saturday, January 28, 2012

Crayon. Dryer. AGAIN! Are you KIDDING me?!?

After the last incident, where a crayon found it's way into our dryer, I have been ever vigilant about checking pockets.  Although it was great fun to spend hours scrubbing waxy stains out of clothing at the expense of my poor skin-less knuckles, I never wanted to have to do it again.

And then....TODAY!  I get home from a nice relaxing run to find THIS:

WHAT THE?!?
WHO WHAT?!?

Him....it was him.

His defense..."It must have been in that ONE pocket I didn't check."

Apparently!

Now...this girl is trying desperately not to complain.  I mean..I realize I am a very lucky girl.  I'm married to $uper Man.  He's very helpful and very involved.  He washed, folded and put away 4 loads of laundry today.  See what I mean...he really is $uper.  

When he asked "Okay...so what do I need to do to get it out.?"  

I sighed, "Not today....it can wait."

Monday he will officially become a student of my class,  How To:  Get Melted Crayon out of Clothes 101.

Melanie

(P.S. Roberto said I should give him more credit than I posted here.  He really did think he had checked every pocket.  Then I had to explain to him that sometimes humor is lost with too many words.  Poor guy.  He really is awesome...did I tell you that already?)

6 comments:

  1. your oh so sweet, $uper Man, sounds like a keeper!! washing, folding, and putting away... four loads? WOW!!

    thanks for always managing to make me smile (and laugh out loud too)! love your sense of humor, even when "tragedy" hits the T.O. household!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are pretty blessed girl ;) (So is he you know ;) That is awesome that he does so much around the house. How fun it will be for him to learn some new things though! Like how to get raw nuckles. He he. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That stinks! But, at least your hubby helps you out. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I cringed reading this! I've been there. One missed pocket can ruin the whole load! Glad your husband's awesomeness makes up for it. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love your name! It's the war within us all to want to grumble about our circumstances... yet knowing we should be grateful for our blessings at the same time.

      Delete
  5. You're brave to let your hubby anywhere near your laundry! I decided early on to keep my hubby away from my machines. Now if only I could figure out a way to keep them all from making dirty laundry my problems would be solved :-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...